CAI Offers General Agent and Broker-Support Services to Insurance Brokers Throughout New York State.
Easy Choice Health Plan
Easy Choice (the new marketing name for Atlantis Health Plans - 11/15/11) HMO Plans plans are available to Sole Proprietors (employer groups of 1) in the New York 5-Boroughs region. Easy Choice HMO plans provide in-network-only coverage. Health care services are available through the Easy Choice "open access" (no referrals) provider network consisting of 28,000+ providers and 43 hospitals located within their service region.
The things that matter
When it comes to health care coverage, some things really matter:
- Access to quality doctors and hospitals.
- EPO, PPO, CompreHealth HMO, and HighDeductible/HSA-Compatible health plan choices that fit different needs.
- Preventive and alternative care options.
- Dependable, affordable coverage.
- Hassle-free health benefits that are available when people need them.
A plan that helps handle the complexities of health care, so people can go about their lives.
In establishing the EmblemHealth family of health benefit plans, we are dedicated to delivering the things that matter most about health care coverage:
Group Health Incorporated
In New York State, GHI was the...
- First non-for-profit medical insurance carrier to be incorporated;
- First medical insurance carrier to offer paid-in-full benefits regardless of patient income;
- First to cover preventive medicine, such as annual physicalexams and well-baby care;
- First to cover in-hospital medical care;
- First to provide paid-in-full benefits for out-of-hospital diagnostic x-ray and laboratory tests performed by participating doctors;
- First to cover out-of-hospital psychiatric care;
- First to institute a voluntary second surgical consultation program to eliminate unnecessary surgery and upgrade surgical care - now mandatory for all health insurers;
- First independent voluntary health insurance carrier designated by the Social Security Administration to function as a Medicare Part B carrier;
- First to include an Employee Assistance Program (EAP) benefit for small groups.
HIP Health Plan of New York
HIP is a company with a distinguished 60-year history of providing its members with quality, affordable health care. HIP joined with GHI under parent company, EmblemHealth. Three HIP plans are available here for Sole Proprietors. Click on the links below for more information.
Oxford Health Plans
Oxford Health Plans for Small Employer Groups and Sole Proprietors: Oxford understands the unique challenges business owners face in running their businesses day to day in the New York Metropolitan area. Access to high-quality health insurance is the last thing you need to worry about. UnitedHealthcare/Oxford is proud to offer a suite of products for small businesses. These plans represent some of their most proven and popular offerings with some containing built-in cost-sharing features that help maintain affordability.